For those not in the know, The Sunshine Blogger Award is one of those little interview type posts.
A chance to see beyond the blog and into the author so to speak.
These posts come around a bit but I quite like them, it’s nice to be nominated and to nominate someone else.
A virtual pat on the back, a big up to those who bring a lovely little glow into the virtual world.
It’s also nice to know someone besides my mum has been reading my blog!
I was kindly nominated by Eva from Captain Bobcat. You should absolutely head over there and mooch around her blog.
AFTER you’ve finished here of course.
It’s a terribly simple concept.
Answer 10 questions posed.
Pose 10 more questions and nominate 3 bloggers and then the sunshine is shared!
Here are my questions.
1. Are you a type A or type B personality? Did this change when you became a parent?
Obviously I had to Google what this meant first…..I am Type B for sure. I can be a little uptight and I like to be organised but not to the extent that it’s all that matters to me. Life is for enjoying not for stressing.
2. As a child, what was your dream profession?
I wanted to be an Astronaut!
3. Would you try space travel?
Yes, but I’d have to not think about it too much. If I start thinking about how great heavy material can fly without string and then go to space which is above the clouds and into the universe which is endless and then what if you go off course and float to the point of nothing and what is nothing anyway? Can you actually have NOTHING and BOOOOMMM there goes my brain.
4. Do you support any charity or organisation? If so, what’s your motivation?
I donate to Save the Children, when Aoife was a toddler she’d always stop and look sad when the advert came on TV, I thought it was a sign. I was pretty tired.
5. What’s your first ever memory from your childhood?
Sitting on my mum and dads bed watching mum get ready to go out. She put on a black roll neck jumper and pulled the neck up over her face and made a scary noise. She was full of tricks like that. Just ask her about the Blu Tac! Social Services would be involved these days (kidding).
6. Chocolate or cheese?
Cooked cheese, roquefort, gorgonzola, feta, goat, brie….All the cheese.
7. What’s your pet hate? Some oddities here, please ?
I can’t be doing with flaky people. You know that friend we all have. We set a date, time and location for a night out but you don’t plan what to wear, you don’t get excited because you KNOW they have no intention of going. They just bail all the time. Just don’t make plans, admit you’d rather stay home watching soaps! Oh, Oh, OH.
“We should get together next week, what day suits you?”
“Well, I planned it for Tuesday so that’ll have to do”
WHY ASK ME THEN??
Maybe I should be taking hints here actually….
8. Are you an crafty person? Do you have any crafty hobby?
I’m an artist dahhhling. Urgh that sounds so pretentious. I did art at uni but I’m not crafty per se. I don’t really do ‘crafting’ (when did we start calling it ‘crafting’ when I was younger it was just making stuff) with my children as I can’t be doing with the mess. #badmum
9. What’s the 3 most important thing you put in your suitcase when you travel?
Make up, travel adaptor, clean pants.
10. Do you have a lazy beauty hack?
Don’t take your make up off, just sleep really still. I jest, I don’t have hacks, I go the long way around everything.
I’d like to invite 3 bloggers who bring a little sunshine into my world.
Lisa at Pass the Prosecco, Please.
Nicole at The Mum Reviews
Charlotte at Discovering Charlotte
And your questions
- If you could visit any point in history for just an hour where, when and why?
- What film does everyone else love that you think is totally overrated?
- If you were a cocktail what would your ingredients be and what would you be called?
- What five items are always in your handbag?
- If you had to lose one sense, which one would you choose?
- Have you ever broken the law? Details required unless a court case is pending.
- How do you de-stress?
- If you could only eat one meal and drink one drink for all eternity without negative repercussion what would they be?
- If you could choose a week away with your partner/children to ANYWHERE IN THE WHOLE WORLD or a week away solo to the place of your dreams, which would you choose? (and where’s the place of your dreams?)
- Tell me three things that make YOU wonderful.
Then just link 3 more bloggers with 10 more questions and spread the sunshine.
I can’t wait to read your answers.