Step aside La La Land, there is no mistake this time Moonlight. It’s the Liebster Award and it’s mine all mine! Ok, maybe that’s over egging it a little.
I would like to thank the lovely Lisa from Pass the Prosecco…Please for nominating me.
The Liebster Award is an award that only exists on the internet, it dis an opportunity to find out a little more about other bloggers, spread a little blogging love and discover some lovely new blogs to read. What’s not to like?
It works just like this, the nominee (me) is given 11 questions to answer by the nominator (Lisa), the nominee (me) then becomes the nominator and asks 11 questions to the next nominees.. You get me? The best thing about the Liebster award is that everyone is a winner!
Here are the actual official rules:
1) Say hi to the person sweet enough to want to know more about you – and display your award with pride;
2) Answer the eleven questions the person gives you;
3) Give eleven random facts about yourself;
4) Nominate some other people that you think are deserving of this award;
5) Let them know you have nominated them;
6) Give them eleven questions to answer.
So here are my questions, if you’d like to read Lisa’s they can be found here.
What is your favourite food and drink?
I have loads of favourite foods, that’s why I’m a fatty 🙂 I think the one meal I could eat everyday though is minted lamb with cauliflower cheese. My favourite drink is red wine, ideally French and full bodied. Oh I have a hankering now….
Can you play a musical instrument?
I learnt to play the cello and the clarinet at school, I didn’t do exams but could probably still knock a tune out. I can also play basic piano and of course the recorder! I sometimes think I’d like to play an instrument still then I listen to my children run riot and realise I don’t need to add to the noise!
Do you have any pets?
I have 2 cats, Louis and Xabi. They are the result of an illicit tryst! Their mum was a ragdoll house cat who had been neutered but escaped for an hour. Their dad was a random grey tom who’d been loitering for days. As a result we have one grey short hair and one grey long hair. Both are handsome. Both are dickheads.
Name your ultimate celebrity crush(male or female, girl crushes are cool)
Oh this is a tough one. I think I’ll have to defy rules and give a top 5:
Robert Downey Jr,
Tyler Blackburn (I know I’m too old).
Gwen Stefani (she’s 47!?!)
Marmite – love or hate?
I hate it, when I was a child my Grandma has some and I thought it was chocolate spread and licked the knife. BLEURGH. Saying that, I do like Twiglets and they’re marmite. So maybe I don’t hate it, maybe there’s just a time and a place.
What is your favourite quote?
“If you can dream it you can do it” – Walt Disney
Though I also love
“Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten” from Lilo & Stitch.
Sorry I can’t be more profound than Disney!
Name your three favourite songs of all time
It’s a Wonderful Life – a Christmas classic! It’s a film about a man who doesn’t get to follow his dreams because he is making everyone else happy all the time. It’s kind of disappointing but romantic.
Amelie – A girl who decides to spend her time bringing happiness to others. Beautifully shot too.
Battle Royale – On a bad day it doesn’t seem like a terrible idea!
If you could give a new mum/first time mum-to-be one tip, what would it be?
Make sure you have a friend(s) you can trust and can talk to and make sure you do talk. You’re allowed to feel shit, you’re allowed to wish you had an hour to yourself. Sometimes you will feel like you can’t cope but if you’ve got a good friend or network of friends you will get through it. Be sure to talk to them. I didn’t have that and it was all a bit shit for a while.
How did you come up with your blog name?
Since the dawn of time my email has been itsmeannieb…. When I was trying to think of a name my friend suggested I use a version of that as it’s a blog about me and conveniently lots of my social media had that as a user name. My name is Anna, no one calls me Annie (except my mum at times) I just liked that it rhymed.
Where would you like to see yourself and your blog in a years time?
Taking over the mother flipping world!
I jest. Still going would be nice. I don’t expect big things from it but wouldn’t say no if they happened 🙂
Right, 11 facts about me:
- I’ve never been to a spa/had a massage/treatment of any sort.
- I love the smell of empty tictac boxes.
- I really like scented candles but I’m VERY fussy about where they’re from.
- I don’t like hot prawns or big prawns, they remind me of fingers.
- I LOVE American Horror Story, Pretty Little Liars and Real Housewives of NY & would watch them repeatedly given the chance.
- The South of France is my favourite place in the world & I want to live there.
- But I do also really love New York, I’ve vistited thrice.
- I actually really loved working in a school despite not liking children.
- I don’t like heights but I like being up high, I think I like the adrenalin.
- I can’t drive, I think I’d be good at it but I’d get cross with other drivers.
- My favourite book is the Phantom Tollbooth, My auntie bought me it when I was a child and I will buy a copy for my children.
And so, moving on. I nominate the following for the Liebster Award!
Congratulations, take a bow. Your 11 questions are
1) Who would be your ideal travelling companion and where would you go?
2) If you had a soundtrack to your life what would be your sad song?
3) Why did you start your blog?
4) Who would you want to play you in the movie of your life?
5) What and where is the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
6) If you could have a super power for the day what would it be and why?
7) What did you want to be when you grew up?
8) You go to pick up a pizza and you’re given £5 too much change. What do you do?
9) If you were an animal, what would you be?
10) What smell reminds you of your childhood?
11) Do you ever wish you’d given any of your children a different name?
Really, this is trickier than I thought.