Aoife’s Mushroom & Chorizo Pasta recipe
January 16, 2016
I am a firm believer that having the kids help cook makes them a lot less fussy when it comes to eating so I try and encourage mine to be hands on in the kitchen (even though it can end up taking twice as long).
This is one of the first recipes I got Aoife on board with in the kitchen and it’s a favourite for all of us.
This recipe serves 4.
Mushroom and Chorizo Pasta Ingredients
- Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 200g mushrooms sliced
- 125ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 Can of chopped tomatoes
- Chorizo ring sliced
- A good sprinkle of herbs de provence/oregano/mixed herbs/green stuff.
- 280g Pasta or spaghetti
Mushroom and Chorizo Pasta Method
- Start cooking the pasta
- Heat the olive oil in a high sided frying pan – add the onion and garlic and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the Chorizo and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, stir all together and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour over the stock and tinned tomatoes and allow to simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Drain cooked pasta and stir into the mushroom and chorizo mix.
- Eat and enjoy!
If you happen to have any red wine laying around the place and small glass added to the sauce makes it all a little richer.
You can more recipes here.